The Ethics Subcommittee's responsibilities include maintaining and updating the NACM Model Code of Conduct as needed, to contribute to NACM publications any relevant ethics-related issues and to research any potential issue with ethics implications as needed by the association.
Learn more about ethics here.
At a recent CoffeeTalk (July 2021), discussion arose around a memo by Judge Charles Kornmann of the U.S. District Court for the District of South Dakota regarding employees being vaccinated. Here is the article pertaining to this memo, via the Dakota Free Press.
Agendas & Minutes
|August 26, 2021||Agenda||Minutes|
|September 23, 2021||Agenda||Minutes|
|October 28, 2021||Agenda||Minutes|
|November 25, 2021||Agenda||Minutes|
|December 23, 2021||Agenda||Minutes|
|January 27, 2022||Agenda||Minutes|
|February 24, 2022||Agenda||Minutes|
|March 24, 2022||Agenda||Minutes|
|April 28, 2022||Agenda||Minutes|
|May 26, 2022||Agenda||Minutes|
|June 23, 2022||Agenda||Minutes|
|July 28, 2022||Agenda||Minutes|
Ethics Subcommittee Archive
2021 Agendas and Minutes
2020 Agendas and Minutes
April 23, 2020 No Meeting
July 2020 No Meeting
October 22, 2020: No Meeting
November 2020: No Meeting
December 2020: No Meeting
2019 Agendas and Minutes
March 28, 2019 Agenda, Minutes
November 21, 2019 Agenda, Minutes
December 26, 2019 No Meeting
- NACM Model Code of Conduct (adopted 08/24/18)
- Ethics Codes Catalog
- Ethics Issues and Challenges
- Courts, COVID, and Vaccinations: What Have We Learned, What Are We Still Learning?
- Scroll down to see related ethics videos
Courts, Testing, and Vaccinations: What Will Your Court Decide?
The Coronavirus has hamstrung our nation’s courts since March of 2020. 2021 offers hope that we may soon return to our normal lives, but it also presents new challenges. No matter how quickly the vaccines are distributed, it appears that courts will have to keep restrictions in place for a few more months.
In this video Question of Ethics edition, a panel of court administrators from around the country discuss ethics, COVID, employee testing, and vaccinations. The panel addresses questions including:
A Question of Ethics: A Video Conversation on Courts and Ethics
Spring 2021 Edition of the Court Manager
- How will courts deal with the continuing restrictions?
- What is our ethical duty to our employees and to the public while the pandemic still rages?
- How do we manage our employees who are vaccinated; how do we manage if some choose not to be vaccinated?
- What advice does the panel have for court administrators around the country?