Every year NACM seeks well-qualified and eager candidates for available positions on the NACM Board. The Board is comprised of five officer positions (President, President-Elect, Vice President, Secretary/Treasurer, Immediate Past President) and nine director positions. Officers serve one-year terms and directors serve three-year terms. A call for nominations happens in the spring of each year and voting by the association happens in July at the annual conference.
Nomination and declaration of candidacy for 2020 Board of Directors
The National Association for Court Management (NACM) encourages members to recommend their coworkers or colleagues for open Board and Officer positions. To nominate someone to serve on the NACM leadership team, please complete the Nomination for Candidate form and submit electronically by midnight, April 17, 2020.
For those members wanting to self-nominate, please complete the Declaration of Candidacy form and submit electronically by midnight, May 1, 2020.
In 2020, nominations will be accepted for the following positions:
- Vice President
- Director 2020-2023 (three positions)
The Nominations Committee, recognizing the diversity of NACM’s membership and the need for the Board to represent that diversity, will use several criteria to evaluate candidates, including the following:
- Number and type of years of court-related experience;
- Number of years as a member of NACM;
- Extent of involvement with NACM committees, activities, and projects;
- State, court type and size;
- Specific criteria based on the position for which the candidate has declared their candidacy; and
- Ability to attend Board meetings and otherwise fully participate in Board activities.
Please note the primary criteria upon which all candidates will be evaluated is their demonstrated involvement in NACM’s work.